Sunday, May 12, 2013

Test with Tacos!

Off to Italy tomorrow and I promised to blog about the food & wine. It's been 2+ years since I've used this app so I figured it best to do a test run. Technology changes & I don't always keep up...

Earl & I hosted our first BBQ of the season yesterday with a Cinco de Mayo theme- mexican beer, margaritas, tacos, and rosé. Lots of rosé. The official sunny Sunday afternoon beverage of choice. I will refer to it as 'Rosato' going forward. When in Rome... wait not quite yet. Domani.

So, yesterday was a nice intimate gathering for 25 affectionately known as Taco Sunday. We ate fresh tortillas from La Palapa http://lapalapapdx.com/ wrapped around grilled coriander-spiced chicken thighs and braised pork shoulder with cumin & smoked paprika with ALL the fixins, including my homemade kimchee. I also made some bay shrimp & avocado ceviche to go with all the premeal cocktails. It was a big hit - may become part of my summer BBQ repertoire.



Off to eat some leftover tacos, finish packing & cram some Italian into my Spanish speaking brain. Learning a foreign language is just like taking a multiple choice test, right? Certo!

A presto!





-

No comments: