Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Midway Through the Trip

One week of the trip has already passed and we have eaten so much! Seems all the time is spent eating or looking for the perfect place to eat. Understand that looking for the perfect place to eat involves asking for recommendations, getting lost along the way, finding the nerve to ask for directions, listening, nodding and trying to decipher one or two words, figuring out how to park, deciphering the menu and then ordering.



Strozzapreti with Lamb Ragu - perfect with 03 Brunello




Stuffed rabbit leg with roasted peppers and zucchini blossom purée



Breakfast: Figs picked off the tree at Podere Ciona





Reminder of home - arugula, radicchio & parmigiana - my special request I ordered off the menu.



I have been designated the official interpreter trying to mesh my kitchen Spanish with the dozen words of Italian I recognize. I'm also an expert parking goddess - 10 years in San Francisco with a stick shift gave me lots of practice. Picking up my rental car in an hour or so - depends how lost we get! Time to head out solo. With driving skills born on the East Coast, I should fit in nicely with the Italians. I should have a bit more time to write about more of our meals in the next few days.

Andiamo a Siena!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sasseta

No comments: